Thursday, July 30, 2009

Broken Soul

This is a song I just finished writing and am working on the chords for.
Do you see my haunting eyes
Looking at you through your mirror
Do you see this baited breath
Waiting to gasp for fresh air
Suffocating within your grasp
You stare into the glass
But all you see is emptiness
Filling me with hatred
For you're so blind to the truth
That I cannot escape
Too self-important
You've never found what lay
Before you all this time

[Chorus]
All Love's beauty sang (to you
Every single day (to you)
Voices screamed in the
Silence of the night
Whispered my vows so sacred
Trying to fight a way
Into your cold-blooded heart
That killed my faith


Do you see my tortured face
Beckoning to you through your window
Do you see this wretched hope
Decieved by all the lies you spoke
You gaze into the glass
But all you see is foolishness
Fueling my soul's burden
For you're so self-consumed
That I cannot be myself
Too ignorant to know
That you'll never find
This anywhere else

[Chorus]

All Love's beauty sang
Every single day
Her voices screamed
In the silence of the night
Whispering my vows so sacred
Trying to fight a way
Into your cold-blooded heart
That killed my faith forever

So this is the real you
Always taking the very best of me
Release your smothering hold
For just once let me breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment