Saturday, July 11, 2009

Facing the Truth

I wrote this last year on an afternoon when we had a free period due to the rain.
I can see you changing
Into something I don't know
I can feel my tears, they're falling
I have to let you know
That I never wanted this to happen
I don't know why I ever said I do
This place is so unfamiliar
Where have you taken me
A storm brews here
A wind blows near
And I don't know What you are anymore
Who have you become
I used to love you
Trusted you with my heart
One I had once loved
Is now breaking it apart
What is this Monster I see
Why has my love gone away from me
My world is shattered now
Broken in a million pieces
No one can build it up again
Oh, and I've learned to
Never have faith in what was past
I won't ever make the same mistake
Maybe love was meant to last
But I'll always remember what I lost
I thought You were worth it all
But I didn't know what it would cost
My soul is slowly drowning
Don't rescue me, leave me alone
Maybe things will be right sometime
For now I will stand here by myself
And watch the rain fall down, fall down
Watch the rain fall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment