Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Reason


I'm so far from then

Now I'm looking back

And I wish with all my heart

I had realized the truth from the first moment

The day you arrived here

That you were the one

Who rearranged my life

Renewed my steadfast soul

You took up all the pieces of my broken heart

And made it for one whole.

Somehow all is right again

Even more than I could have hoped

Or even dared to dream about

For little did I believe

That trust would e'er reenter in

That my heart could ever feel

Bigger than the whole world

So full of joy that I could burst

With such incandescent happiness

For you gave me the best gift

That took me by surprise

Love unconditional forever and always

From the moment you looked deep in my eyes

We are one for all eternity

My own self is now forgotten

Because all of me is part of you

I swear your anything is better than everything

You are my sunset and my sunrise

My love is yours for all of time

Nothing else has so completely changed

This dark void to a bright promise

You are the reason I am alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment