Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You'll Be Smiling Later


I wrote this song after a heart-wrenching experience a few months ago, knowing that somehow, everything would end up right again.
And it is.
Believe me
If there was any other way
I would take it
Oh Lord, you have no idea
How much I wish there was
Now I sit here
In this room in the silence
That outwardly betrays my feelings
Oh God how I wish I could quiet
The noise deep inside
Wreathing, racking every breath
I am heaving
Here in the darkness
The shadows run by
Knowing all along
Where we're going
Now alone in this moment
I'll remember why
When your love is forever
There's a reason all will be better
Though it's hard to be strong now
You'll be smiling later
I promise, you'll get through this
You'll be smiling later.

No comments:

Post a Comment